Thursday, April 11, 2013

Transformation Day 8

"Think peace. Think love. Read good books. Watch funny movies.  Surround yourself with positive people." - Dr. Mike Wohlfeld (Naturopathic Doctor)

Studies show that the happiest people are also the healthiest.  This  may explain why I've been running around like a kid and smiling non-stop over the past few days.

I had an amazing day, starting with morning meditation.  I then had some inspirational meetings, to connect with friends and keep the creative juices flowing.  I worked on hoops after that and returned customer emails before heading out to teach. My kindergarten and first grade group had lots of questions about my green drink, and they wanted to take turns using the blender bottle.  This led to a discussion on healthy eating, and I was actually really impressed with their level of awareness.




I gave up caffeine after my first 10-Day Transformation, and I have more energy than ever before.  It's a different kind of energy, too.  It's not the rapid heart beat/ fast crash kind, like I used to experience after two cups of coffee in the morning.  This energy is pure and sustained.  It feels amazing.

The transformation I'm experiencing with the cleanse is not just physical, either. By fueling our bodies with whole, nutrient-dense food, we fill ourselves with joy.  And that joy spreads when we interact with others.

I had a great conversation with my friend Heather today.  She's on Day 1 of her cleanse, and I'm so proud of her.  She's in the right frame of mind and is totally committed to creating amazing results.  I'm excited for her.  I also encouraged her jot down questions and take full advantage of her call with Dr. Mike.  Purium is the only health company I know of that offers free advice from a Naturopathic Doctor, as well as $50 gift cards for first-time customers.

Another benefit is the fact that there are no binders, fillers or additives in any of Purium's products.  I did some research about that, and I'm now determined to make sure that my food is as clean as possible... including spices and seasonings.  From now on, I'm checking labels to make sure there's no bleach and no processing.  I learned that good salt has color due to naturally occuring minerals.

Education is key.  The Purium website offers so many great articles and educational tools.  I'm also flipping through my books and researching recipes on a daily basis...  here are a few of my favorites.  And if anyone has raw "uncook" book suggestions, please share :)



In closing, today was a breeze.  No cravings. No hunger pains.  Just pure positive energy and joy.  Only two days left of my cleanse...  it's a little bittersweet.

Sending love & light your way,
Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment