Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Transformation Day 7

In many spiritual traditions, fasting (or cleansing the body) is considered a sacred practice.  In fact, almost all nations and religions incorporate some form of fasting.  The link to food and temptation can be seen throughout history.  It's been said, that by practicing a regimented cleanse or fast, we can rise above the level of the body and matter to connect with our inner wisdom.  This is definitely one of the reasons I've embarked on this 10-Day journey.

I've realized my power in the resistance to temptation.  I see that I'm capable and deserving of great health, and my body is now thanking me for it.  I feel like I'm falling in love, and I'm embracing my self worth.  My eyes are clear.  My mind is sharp. I like the way I look.  My heart is full.  These gifts are well worth a few days of discomfort...

There's a transitional period when the body clears itself of toxins.  I'm drinking the same Power Shake that I drank on Day 1, but it tastes different to me now because my body is no longer acidic.  It's clean and healthy, and I love the energy and taste of my greens. The Power Shake sounds way more appealing to me than a bag of chips, and that's the absolute truth.  I now relate food to feeling and energy. You are what you eat. I get it now. 

I remember what it feels like to drink too much and then pig out on greasy food the next day.  I'm not interested in that anymore.  That's not to say that I won't enjoy a glass of wine with friends.  The difference is that I now listen to my body, and I don't intend to overdo it.  However, if it happens, I will forgive myself and get right back on track. As long as we do our best, there's no reason to feel bad.

Meditation is an important part of my transformation.  I've written about it often over the past few days, and today, I'll explain why...

For many years, I've been using the phrase "movement meditation" and "flow" in relation to hoop dance, and its many benefits.   Flow is a transcendent state of being where we have a tendency to lose sense of time and be completely absorbed in the experience.  It happens other ways too (writing, creating art, playing music, sailing and practicing yoga, to name a few).  While movement meditation is where I discovered flow and freedom, silent meditation was foreign to me until recently.  

I started experimenting with silent and guided meditation about three months ago, and it's become an extremely important daily ritual.  At first, it was difficult.  I was distracted by my thoughts, and I had trouble staying present.  But, like most things, the more we practice, the easier it gets.  This is directly related to the cleanse experience in that the first few days were the most difficult.  And with focused intention and commitment, breakthroughs come.  I had a few days of discomfort, and then I broke the cravings, and it became easy.

I believe that meditation is one of the most important healing tools on the planet.  Inner wisdom lives in each of us, and it can be found in the stillness.  After meditation, I feel refreshed and open to unlimited possibilities.  I feel like I can be, do, or have anything that I imagine.

And today, I choose to have great health.  I also intend to maintain my results.  I still haven't weighed myself, because weight loss is not my primary motivation.  My "skinny jeans" are now loose on me, though, and it feels good.  I will weigh in on Day 10.  Meanwhile, I'm getting laser focused on what my eating will be like when I come off of the cleanse.  I love being a vendor at the Saturday Morning Market, and I definitely look forward to picking up fresh organic whole foods this weekend... I especially miss my sunflower sprouts :)

I'll start each day with L.O.V.E.  Lunch will be some kind of delicious salad, with lots of fresh veggies like peppers, sprouts, and avocado.  I'll pop a few Master Aminos before my workouts, to build muscle and increase energy.  I'm thinking squash with quinoa, bean salads, homemade soups, roasted veggies and lettuce wraps are all great options for dinner.  Snacks will be things like fresh fruit, raw cashews, cucumbers with almond butter and carrots with hummus.  And I'm definitely sticking with the Apothe Cherry before bed.

I look forward to experimenting with raw vegan recipes too.  I keep hearing about Vida de Cafe, and I can't wait to try it.  Their menu looks amazing.

So, as I bring Day 7 to a close, I am grateful for today.  I'm feeling inspired and motivated to continue on this path.  I also look forward to supporting family members and friends who are interested in taking their health on in this way too.  If you are one of these people, feel free to send me a message and let me know how I can support you.

Sending love your way,
Abby





No comments:

Post a Comment