Monday, April 8, 2013

Transformation Day 5

I'm at the halfway point, and today is all about breakthroughs!  I woke up at  7 a.m. and my energy level has been through the roof ever since.  I think my body finally realizes that I mean business, and the plant-based diet is here to stay.

I've gotten so much accomplished, work-wise, and I still have a few good hours in me to hand-craft hoops.  Earlier today, I had lots of computer work to get done (website updates, event bookings,  emails, etc.),  and I was grateful for the clear-minded focus.  I was so busy and full of energy that I actually forgot to drink my Power Shake.  I started to feel hungry, and I laughed when I realized that I was an hour behind schedule.  It was a much nicer feeling than watching the clock with anticipation, like I had done on the first two days of the cleanse.  

After staring at a computer for hours, I decided to take an afternoon break to meditate and do yoga.  Thank you, Deepak Chopra and Rodney Yee!   I think meditation and yoga compliment the cleanse experience well, and my handy audio downloads and DVDs make it easy to stay committed.

I believe that this experience is clearing my mind while refreshing my body and spirit.  The beautiful thing about the 10-Day Transformation is the fact that it promotes weight loss, detoxification, discipline, and enlightenment while actually inducing the body into a rejuvenating anabolic (or strength-building) state.  During the 10 days, I'm consuming less than 600 calories a day but my body isn't going into starvation mode.

I haven't weighed myself since I started the cleanse, and I know that I've dropped some pounds. My clothes are fitting better, and I can tell that I'm slimming down.  Another bonus... super soft and clear skin.  But the best part is that I get to support friends and family to challenge themselves in this way too.  Three of my girl friends are about to get started, and I look forward to cheering them on.  My dad and sisters are next.

It's so rewarding to realize how powerful we really are.  Our bodies begin to run like perfect, well-oiled machines when we feed ourselves with the good stuff.    

Today, I acknowlege myself for following the PURE version of the cleanse.  I'm starting to think about my post-cleanse maintenance too.  If anyone has any great raw, vegan recipes, please share!  I'm also saving up for a Vitamix...  

XOXO, 
Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment