Sunday, April 14, 2013

Transformation Day 10


Beer & Meat Lovers Pizza to Celebrate Success
JUST KIDDING!  I went to see Umphrey's Mcgee at Jannus and afterwards, the boys wanted pizza.  I thought this was the perfect photo opportunity for my Day 10 blog ;)

I'll admit that the pizza smelled good, but the grease running down my arm when I took the picture was reason enough to put it down.  Plus, I'm going on three months without dairy, and I feel good about that.  I'm sure that I'll have a beer from time to time, but I wasn't in the mood last night.  I was feeling naturally energized and high on life.  It was actually really liberating to be at a show and not drink.  I danced... A LOT.

Earlier in the day, I vended my handmade hoops at the Saturday Morning Market. It was Salenna's birthday, and I'm grateful that she chose to spend part of it working with me.  Molly, along with fellow students from my kids class, came to help out also.  The weather was amazing... bright, sunny and perfect for hoop dancing.  We did pretty well in sales too!

Hanging with Miss Molly
So, this is it!  I've finished my 10-Day Transformation.  It went by quickly and felt so much easier than the first time around.  It was important for me to complete the cleanse in excellence, and I DID IT!  I acknowlege myself for that.  I'm also down a solid 12 pounds, from the time Purium entered my life.

Before leaving the market, I stocked up on fresh organic veggies: kale, beets, carrots, sunflower sprouts, onion, and bok choy.  I also picked up some raw local honey, 2 fresh coconuts and pickles (gotta have my pickles).  I came home in time to meditate, take a quick nap, and then get ready for the concert.  I was going strong energy-wise and thinking about all of the changes I've experienced over the past 10 days, as well as my commitement to maintain results.

Organic Veggies from Market
Speaking of making changes and maintenance, I've received some feedback about my cleanse being "hard core," and the word "vegan" seems to be intimidating for some.  Whatever we choose is completely up to us, as individuals.  I choose not to put labels on my way of eating.  I was a carnivore for many years, and then I gradually started to cut out meat.  This was an 8-year process.  I've also gone back and forth between "vegetarian," "pescatarian" (eats fish), and "vegan."  Ultimately, I've decided to eat as clean as possible, and for me, that means no dairy, no processed food, no caffeine, no GMOs, no binders, fillers or preservatives, and no meat (with the exception of wild caught fish, once in a blue moon).

My dad is preparing to do the cleanse, and he has no intention of cutting out meat long-term. I'm certainly not here to pass judgement.  My intention is to raise consciousness about food addictions and unhealthy patterns to support my friends and family in living happy, healthy lives.  I am also committed to leading my example. Listening to our bodies and do what's best for our health and well being is the ultimate goal.  Empowering people to be the best versions of themselves is what I'm here for :)

I'm heading out for lunch with a friend at Leafy Greens, and I'm really excited about it. It will be my first sit down meal in 10 days.  This morning, I had L.O.V.E. blended with beet, carrot, raw honey, apple, a little fresh coconut meat, water and ice.  It kept me going strong until about 2:30 p.m.  The power of greens is amazing.  Here's a great book if you are interested in learning more:

The Green Foods Bible.

Until next time...

Sending Love,
Abby 

1 comment:

  1. hi abby! it sounds refreshing to read about your positive experiences with food. i'm always looking for good tips on creating healthy changes in my life. some of my pals were at umphrey's. gotta love them!!! -sarah

    ReplyDelete