Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Transformation Day 6


Sunken Gardens
"I embrace my potential to be, do and have whatever I can dream." - Deepak Chopra

This was my meditation mantra for today, and I love it.  I believe that we create incredible results when we set intentions and stay committed to our visions.

As for Day 6, it's a breeze.  I'm completely satisfied, clear minded, and full of energy.  My food cravings are gone, and
I feel empowered.

Tuesdays are always so amazing because I get to teach at one of my favorite places... Sunken Gardens.  It's a botanical paradise right in the heart of St. Petersburg... flamingos, parrots, coy ponds, lush vegetation and more.  I teach a morning class for adults and a kids class in the afternoon.

I drank my Power Shake on the drive there, and I was beaming with positive energy.  I had a full class this morning, and the weather was perfect.  We got our heart rates up with a variety of hoop dance moves, combinations and drills.  Everyone was sweating, smiling and embracing creative movement.

My Morning Hoola-Fit Class in Action

Afterwards, I decided to stroll through the garden and appreciate all of the beauty and magnificence that surrounded me.  Ironically, Tony Little (Mr. "You Can Do It" himself) was there, filming an infomercial for his new line of athletic shoes.  Handmade hoops are always a great conversation starter, and it was fun chatting with him about the health and wellness benefits of hoop dance.

Me and Tony Little
After some computer work and a great Mini Monsters hoop dance class, I was still going strong, energy-wise.  I spent some time on the phone with my dad... he's mentally preparing for the cleanse, and I invited him to scale back portions and eat lots of fresh organic fruits and veggies.  This way, he can ease into it.  I also suggested that he write down his goals and set an intention for the experience.  Are there certain foods that he'd like to cut out long-term?  Is he doing it for weight loss, overall health, breaking food addictions, portion control, or for some other reason?  What plans are in place to ensure long-term success?  I know my dad's transformation is going to be powerful, and I'm excited for him.

As for me, I'm thinking about my maintenance plan after I finish the cleanse.  This is what I neglected to do last time.  Even though I successfully made dietary changes, like cutting out dairy, caffeine and soy, I slipped back into some old patterns - like eating too much and snacking simply for the texture or flavor.  This time, the difference is that I'm planning ahead, and I'm committed to maintaining my results.  I have a feeling I'll be dining at Leafy Greens often and experimenting with raw vegan recipes.

I'll keep at least one meal replacement per day (LOVE) and I'm definitely sticking with the Apothe Cherry before bed.  Lifestyle Plus Packs make it really easy to stay on track too.  

Well, it's been a long, action-packed day and I'm ready to get a good night's sleep.

More tomorrow...

LOVE,
Abby


  





No comments:

Post a Comment